Re: Sort makes items disappear

Reply to note from Harry Binswanger  Sat, 19 Mar
2005 22:12:24 -0500

> I have a list of filenames that I want to sort....
> I define the whole set, from top to bottom, then issue the
> command SORT and 17 of the 37 disappear

Surely this only happens sporadically, when your session becomes
unstable due to OOM (Out of Memory)? If so, the only solution is to
quit and restart XyWrite.

If it's happening all the time, then you've got some serious
diagnosing ahead of you. Something is destabilizing XyWrite, and
you need to figure out what. (I doubt that a flaky SORT command
would be the only consequence of this instability.) Rename
STARTUP.INT, start rebuilding your setup from scratch, until the
problem resurfaces... that sort of thing.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx