Re: XYWin hogs CPU

Dear Harry
The heavy load problem is with XYWin. XY4 causes no such problems for me, with or without Tame.
The other problems are with XY4Dos and, yes, with XY4Dos Tame is
working and I do get a popup Tame menu. I am using Alt-Tab to toggle
between the pseudo-full screen Tame window and other applications, but
as I said it goes somewhere else first. To get in and out of
full-screen mode I use Alt-Enter.

Pauil

Harry Binswanger wrote:
Paul wrote:
My initial query was regarding the old Xy-for-Windows product, which it appears Tame does not affect. However having loaded it, I also tried it out with XY4 with the effects I mention.
So in Xy4DOS, with Tame, you use Task Manager/Performance to monitor the
CPU and when Xy is NOT the active window, it shows heavy CPU usage? And
then if you exit Xy, it shows low CPU usage?
And check that this is with Tame actually working--i.e., if you right
click in the text area, do you see a Tame menu pop up?
I use a not standard configuration in that I use more than 25 lines on screen. With a new, 19 inch LCD I want to be able to use 43 lines

No problem, I do that.
which would look great with Tame's pseudo-full screen mode if I could get it to work reliably. How do you manage to get italics etc to work, by the way. So far I have not been able to.
Let's get the basics down first. That's a wrinkle, once the basics are
in place.

You are toggling in and out of full-screen mode with Winkey-Enter?

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx