!xse/!profile [was RX Function Call]

≪  [A]fter doing an across files search and opening the desired
   document, merely invoving SE without a new search string causes the
   last-used search string to be inserted on the Command Line. I've
   rigged up a key at executes the SE call: key=BX,(,s,e,) thanks to
   Carl. I want to do something similar to save keystrokes in Xy 3+. ≫
   --jim eberle jeberle@xxxxxxxx

!XSE has nothing to do with keystroke recording, but may be a help:
Clear the CMline and type path (if you choose, with spaces instead
of a colon and backslashes), search string, and one delimiter, hit
. !XSE completes the command and launches a search, first
going to another window if invoked from an open file.

When you've let the crossfile search open a file and exit:
!XSE uses a support system called !PROFILE. Tap the !PROFILE
 to put the search command on
the CMline and hit  again--strips path and sets up a
cv command using the search string as the replace string (until you
overwrite the replace $, the command is a de facto search). When
ready to go on to next file: With an sa, cv, or ci command on CMline,
hit  again. This time it aborts the file and starts
the crossfile search anew. ...

!PATH converts spaces to : and \ and supports almost any command that
takes a path statement, not just a crossfile search. !PATH and !XSE are
part of a collection of !PROFILE-reliant utilities called--what else?--
!FILEPRO.

!PROFILE is a set of integrated xpl utilities that in effect establish
some va$s xyWrite 3 lacks (profile the launch state), plus coordinated
runtime libraries of oft-used procedures. !PROFILE is invisible except
in the performance of xpl programs that use it.

If you'd like !XSE/!PATH or just !PATH, let me know. Each is small,
as is !PROFILE, but in combination and with documentation they're
a bit long (c. 13000) to post here. !FILEPRO and !PROFILE also
are available for the asking. 	--a