Re: Code pages

Harry, Michael,
I cannot imagine what is going on, but I cannot reproduce your problem. I tried on both the W2K and the XP boxes at the office (using a portable Xy setup on my flash drive on the XP box). I loaded Xy from my regular shortcut, loaded it from a command.com prompt in W2K, and from a cmd.exe prompt in both W2K and XP (I cannot FIND command.com on the XP Pro box!). In all cases, VA/NV LA yielded 850, and pressing the key (Ctrl+shift ") on my keyboard assigned

XHJM2,.,P,r,s,K,b,d,A,r,g,Q2a,c,c,e,n,t,s, ,S,3,NO
followed by the letter u (because I have Accent first, then character in Xy Registry; yes, I know it's illogical, but it's what I have to do in Windows, so consistency) yielded a visible umlauted lowercase u.
I know next to nothing about the NT flavors, so if anyone else has any
ideas, jump in. This has me completely buffaloed.
--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx