RE: speedos supplemental printer fonts

-----Original Message-----
From:	M.C. [SMTP:fenda@xxxxxxxx]
Sent:	January 22, 2004 2:36 PM
To:	xywrite@xxxxxxxx
Subject:	Re: speedos supplemental printer fonts

Bill Troop wrote:

> Manuel, as far as I know, the Bitstream free distribution of Charter is
> in Postscript and TT format only. As it's a very nice font, perhaps we
> can persuade them to make a Speedo distribution as well. It would all
> depend on how hard it would be for them to generate a Speedo font from
> their mother data, which is all in Ikarus format (the highest resolution
> of all font formats). It may be as simple as pressing a button, or it
> may not. There is also the problem that Speedo fonts are supposed to
> have large character sets, and Bitstream may not have that data for
> everything that one might request.

Bill,
See, for example, this link:
http://storage.atari-source.com/atari/mirrors/ftp.lip6.fr/pub/atari/Text/speedo.tgz
This file includes Courier and Charter, very common in Linux
distributions. For example, perform a search for "XFree86-fonts-speedo"
and you will find packages that contain contain Speedo fonts.
Best regards,
Manuel Castelao