From: Harry Binswanger
Sent: Apr 28, 2005 10:01 PM
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Query: Copying text into XyWrite from Word (Windows XP) and similar

Patrick Cox wrote:

>I've been struggling with this problem since I switched from
>Win 98 to XP on one machine. In some matters, XyWrite's
>functionality has improved -- such as restoring the usefulness
>of the mkdir command.
>
>But copying from the Windows clipboard is a serious problem.
>Unlike pasting in 98, the function appears to work one character
>at a time and is painfully slow. I've tried selecting the quick copy
>box in the windows dos program properties menu, but it makes
>little if any difference.

I use the U2 routine, CLIPW. Works like a charm. Are you familiar with the
U2? Implementing this feature (CLIP) does take a tiny bit of work, but
there are instructions with the help file. And once you've got it, you
couldn't live w/o it. It also copies from Xy to the Windows clipboard for
pasting in any Win program.

See: www.xywwweb.com

>It doesn't matter, by the way, if I'm copying from Word or
>from another source. The problem seems to be that "paste"
>functions differently.
>
>Moreover, certain characters have odd effects. For example, any
>incidence of a copied "at" sing, @, in the copied text will send the
>cursor back up to the top of the current page, disordering pasted
>text from that point forward.
>
>I can, of course, save in .txt format using another editor,
>such as notepad, and then open in XyWrite -- but it is really
>inconvenient.
>

>PC

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx