Re: Dictionaries

Robert,

Thanks very much for all your explanations. I am on the right track if I just
can make XY work as it should.

 ≫ Check "VA/NV OM" to see what you are. Keep it in mind. But don't do
 ≫ anything with it... UNLESS, of course, your French dictionary is of the
 ≫ Signature type. Then OM and LX would be important.

My problem is that the only french dictionary that XY provides is the PCLEXAM
that came with Signature so I have to find a have to change the OM setting, and
XY is completely silent on this subject.

 ≫ I don't know about French districts -- how good is the French spell
 ≫ checker anyway? is there a tr?sor too?).

Quite good

If I start with, in my SETTINGS DFL file: DF LX=c:\xy4 DF UD=francais DF OM=0

No problem with the "®VAUD¯FRANCAIS" as long as I stick with the french
dictionary. However as soon as I define the default to US, either on the
command line (with default UD=US) or as an embedded triangle in the text the
VAUD does NOT bring any answer. In the same file before the triangle OK after
NOTHING, even when only using the PCLEXAM dictionaries.

However when I want to also use the Microlytics (and switch between them), then
nothing works.

 ≫ There's also the bizarre default OM OldMasticon that might have some
 ≫ bearing here, I'm not sure, manual doesn't mention it and trying to SET it
 ≫ to a value other than 31 or 0 led to total system crashes. (Isn't Xy fun?)
 ≫ Apparently:
 ≫  d om=31 ≪