Re: "glow pear"

Extended adjectival clauses, oh ye...
The sitting-opposite-me-on-the-tram-looking-sternly-at-me person did not deign to return my "good morning" as I sat down on the seat opposite her, in the tram..... Eegit.
German also has separable verbs: the prefix or suffix gets detached
from the root and occurs at the very end of the sentence, miles away
from the root. So you read through a whole family sage crammed into one
long run-on sentence, all the while thinking you know what is going on,
only to have it negated by an -un just before the full stop. Maddning,
or hilarious, depending.