Re: Learning words

This story is, from what we know about language acquisition in children, extremely implausible.

Perhaps it's implausible; it's extremely charming.
I am a very frivolous person and I always prefer the latter. And it isn't it interesting how very closely entwined the older meanings of 'plausible' and charm are? Almost as if the history of the word itself is entwined with our struggle whether to applaud (plaudere) what is cold, serious, and therefore presumed (we don't know why) to be more truthful; or what is warm, cheering, charming and therefore feared to be fallacious.