Re: OS2 Warp vs Win95

Richard:

For a fuddy-duddy like me, who's still running DOS (Novell/DR, never
Microsoft) and took nearly a year to completely convert from XYDOS 3.55 to
XYDOS 4.017, it's an interesting rehash--and more fun than downloading a
record of an old OS debate, if such a thing exists. It's also timely, as
I'm considering a hardware-OS update to open up some audio editing
possibilities.

Still, the prospect of 75% of my new hardware horsepower getting soaked up
as OS overhead irritates me, and the thought of actually going to a SLP
(stupid little pictures) interface sickens me. Hearing from others of a
curmudgeonly bent who've graduated from DOS is a source of comfort and
inspiration.

So I say rehash away.

Dan De Hainaut
Young_DeHainaut@xxxxxxxx