Re: XPL questions

Reply to note from Harry Binswanger  Sun, 03 Sep
2006 23:17:23 -0400

> And let me add my admiration for this bit of code of yours that
> I never would have dreamed would be legal, but is:
> BX ch>0/s

It makes sense, though, doesn't it? You wouldn't think twice about
BX ca Q2 , where S/G 01 contains a filename. If Editor is
able to interpret  within BX..Q2 , why not other statements?

What you cannot use between BX..Q2 are other 3-byte functions,
unless they're used as strings, e.g., in a SEarch or CHange command.
This is in contrast to BC..XC , where other 3-byte functions can
intervene.

This is all covered in BX.TXT (XyWWWeb).

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx