Re: OT: Books on writing?

On Fri, 5 Oct 2007, andy turnbull wrote:
I've been an editor myself a few times since then, (once as copy editor
on a big paper, a couple of times as editor of weeklies and a couple
more times as editor of trade magazines). I think writing is the better
job, but as a writer the one tool I want most is a good editor.

Amen to that. They're rare.
By the way, there need be no argument between the "spontaneous flow" and the "edit-as-you-go" schools. I find that the editing I do as I write is quite different from the editing I do to my text once it is completed.

Carlo Caballero
thyrsus@xxxxxxxx