Re: REGEDIT

** Reply to message from "Avrom Fischer"  on Tue, 28 Dec 2004
01:23:38 -0500

> Most people on the xywrite users list don't ... see as clearly
> as you do that the REGEDIT in the windows world and the REGEDIT
> in the Xywrite world while using parallel terminology are different
> As you yourself pointed out this seems to scare people.

The question comes up once in a while. But I think the point here is, that to
learn how to deal with the U2 REGfile (which all the instructions plainly say
you *must* do), you need to peruse REG-READ.ME (or command HELP REGISTRY or REG
or REGDATA or REGEDIT); and if you read either of those documents, all
questions should instantly evaporate. Lots and lots of files are named *.INI,
but I do not recall anybody who confused them with WINDOWS.INI, SYSTEM.INI,
CONTROL.INI, whatever.INI...

Changing the nomenclature is not simply a matter of renaming a file here and
there... Its many many files, and the work, I suspect, is going to fall on my
head, and then a ton of testing. Why not give up this crusade and just get
comfortable with it? Nobody's obliging you to use this. But I must tell you
that we set this up for our convenience, not your's or any other third party's.
If they want to avail, fine. If they don't, fine.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx