Re: Eudora (off topic?) - a bit wary of attachments.

>                         Michael Edwards.

>   I don't have XY-Write yet. (If that seems surprising in view of my being
>on this list, I did say before that I was interested in buying it (and I still

Amazing. Why don't skip over to the NotaBene site and get the 3-month free
trial version of NB? As you must know by now, NotaBene is almost the real
thing.

>am), but don't have it yet.) And I thought .bin files were executable, so how
>would looking at it in a word-processor help?

Executable where? Not within XY, last time I looked.

>   What about the "KAK" and "I Love You" worms? As far as I could tell from
>my reading about them, Word had nothing whatever to do with them, and they
>could
>operate simply by opening an attachment.

Those are Virtual Basic scripts and need MS Outlook to run on. In XY, you
just look at them, and nothing else happens.

-- Rene von Rentzell, Tokyo