Re: Eudora (off topic?) - a bit wary of attachments.

                         Michael Edwards.

[Rene von Rentzell, quoting myself:]

>>   Good question; I was considering asking that myself.
>>   In the present climate of one virus scare after another..., I'm hardly
>>likely to even consider opening an attachment, especially a .bin one, without
>>being *very* sure of what it is.

>But why not peek in it with XYwrite?

   I don't have XY-Write yet. (If that seems surprising in view of my being
on this list, I did say before that I was interested in buying it (and I still
am), but don't have it yet.) And I thought .bin files were executable, so how
would looking at it in a word-processor help?

>Those current computer scares only concern people who click on messages with
"Word" and then find out that Word start running some macros.

   What about the "KAK" and "I Love You" worms? As far as I could tell from
my reading about them, Word had nothing whatever to do with them, and they could
operate simply by opening an attachment.

             Regards,
             Michael Edwards.