Re: Xy under OS/2 (Was: running xy 3+ under windows xp - aarrgghhh!)

There is no chance you will get TTG to revisit XyWrite code. I mourn this as
much as anyone. I continue to use SmartWords for my own writing, and still
have Xy4DOS hanging around. TTG, which might have renamed itself, now
consists of Kenny Frank and two old Xyquestrians working on a contractual
basis, demanding to be paid every week. But all that will come of that is a
revived LawOnTheWeb.com, "powered by SmartWords," which, as you know, is
XyWrite with database capabilities grafted onto it. Essentially, you get SW
on a web page, pulling together customized legal documents. TTG has no
interest in going forward with the desktop product. There is a small group
working to revive Wealth Transfer Planning, an estate planning package that
was TTG's premier product, which grafted custom menus developed in Clarion
(I think) onto SmartWords. The SW code has not changed since September 2001.
This is the product I continue to use. There are no plans to update it.
Before TTG closed its doors, I was working on rewriting the menu system into
32-bit code. The 32-bit engine was in good shape. But all that ended on
9/12/2001, when TTG shut down, owing most employees two months of pay, if
not more.

Chris

p.s., I lurk because I do not use XyShell and find that my solutions to
problems are often contraindicated because of it.