Re: New U2

> 2. What is the best procedure for moving my personal additions to 114
to 115?

Quoth README.1ST: "Append your own U2-formatted programming, if any, at the
end."
I read that, but I was a little confused, because it says before that to
overwrite the old, which would wipe out the old, and my programming
(unless, by some magic of ADD2U2, my programming is automatically put into
the .reg file).
 Hopefully you kept your personal programming in a distinct contiguous
block.

I hope so too! I think I put it all up top.
 DeFine that block in your old U2, CAll the new U2 into another window,
CoPy the block from the old U2 to the new. Insert it at the end of the file.

Good. So just common sense, no magic.
There are two potential snafus. The first is if you enabled frame {5*}, which
is the last frame in U2. By default it is *disabled*. You'd need to add
another { and } on either side of the {5*} (two on each side) to enable frame
{5*}. Its purpose is to trap any framename that you've called but which
doesn't actually exist in U2 -- the asterisk, in this context, steers any
framename that reaches this point in the file into this last frame, and dumps
it in the garbage. (When frames are called, they search through the index of
U2 that is created when you LOAD the file, and the first framename match is
triggered (i.e. the program in that "frame" is launched). Xy keeps working
through the index from top to bottom, until it finds a match. No match?
{{5*}} is a barrier that can't be crossed.

Since our frames outnumber yours, but yours (in your mind anyway) outweigh
ours, it's your call whether to insert at the beginning or end. Technically,
it makes no difference where they go. If you're *asking* me, I'd say end,
because in that case if there's a problem and you need help, at least it won't
be _that_ problem! Do what you want. But if this comes back to haunt you and
becomes an issue _here_, the jig is up Harry!

I'm found out!

Okay I'll put them at the bottom, so I can continue the jig.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx