Re: NB - search across files

At 11/14/00 11:07 AM +0900, Rene v. Rentzell, wrote:

Yes, confirmed! In my case, it actually crashes the computer. Another reason I largely stopped using NB.
Why can't they iron out the bugs?

Indeed. I bought NB scholars workstation a year or so ago and immediately
tried to XyDos it -- that is, adapt my keyboard and Xy settings to it -- and had some success. But found that many small things -- problems with the cursor disappearing and with fonts -- sent me quickly back to XyDos. There was nothing *wrong* with the program; I just could not make it XyDos. But I kept NB on my hd and use it often. It's excellent for a quick file conversion and as a clipboard (until Carl and company come up with one of their patented U2 solutions). And I plan to use Orbis, which is as easy to use as Anne P suggests, to sort my Xy files for a rather large and complicated book. I talked with NB tech support several times; they are keeping a list of wants and wishes. I'm sure when the demand dictates, they will dip into the code and address the many small things that Xy users suggest. And there has been discussion on this list before about NB as the future of Xy. I hope we can continue to adapt our favorite atavistic word processor to the new technology, hard and soft. I also hope Anne continues to monitor our discussion here and that NB continues to evolve and evolve in our direction.

Michael Norman
micheal.norman@xxxxxxxx