printers (and some more on footnotes)

I've just returned to this list after a long absence, and apologize if
this is an old question about old news. But I only just discovered the
vanishing of TTG and its list of downloadable printer drivers that I
once depended on.
Did those printer files go anywhere? Google is no help. I'm interested
particularly in the Brother HL-1440, which I am considering. Apparently
it will work with a HPLJ-2P driver for Xy4 (I wonder how well?) but what
about Xy3+?
Another question, which no doubt also has been covered. How about
running Xy4 and Xy3+ under Windows XP? Does that work or not work?
If this question has become completely boring to other members of the
list, I'd appreciate an offline response.

Footnotes/Endnotes
Incidentally, I recently had a publisher who insisted on the final ms. in Word (a university press, a ms. crowded with endnotes) and I found that, generally speaking, Word for Word did a pretty good job of translating either footnotes or endnotes from one to the other. You have to pretty them up a bit (funny things happen to the fonts). I keep an old copy of Word 7.0 on my machine, because WFW works with that, as it does not with the newer versions of Word. You can also work through a .RTF save, at least in Xy4.
My wife also just had a similar book come out, and to me fell the task
of converting her Xy3+ text to Word, and that too worked well enough.
Long ago I devised a Xy3+ program that would convert footnotes into a
file separable from the main body of the chapter of which they form a
part. That is very useful when you need to print all the endnotes from,
say, a dozen chapters as their own file, different from the main body of
the book. Unfortunately I've not been able to replicate it for Xy4, but
I'd be glad to send the Xy3+ program along if anyone needs it.

Nicholas Clifford
clifford@xxxxxxxx