Re: Off Topic: Warning: Trolling for Dollars, Scammers hard at work

"J. R. Fox" wrote:

> The ISP at least feigned some interest. . . .

> Is this an epidemic yet ? Imagine all the older seniors and generally clueless
> computer users who must be falling for these.

Quite so. And it's interesting, too, that while that idiotic "warning" about
deleting that "jgbdr.exe" file circles the globe every 90 minutes (my computer may
well be the only one left in Manhattan that still sports that file on its hard
drive), the very _real_ threat you have warned us about does _not_. Your post was
the first such I'd received.

There's probably a lesson there, somewhere, although I'm not sure I know just what
it might be.

> There is already supposed
> to be a
> federal law against junk faxes. . . . signed up for the national 'Do Not Call"
> list.
> Without withdrawing from the world, what else can we do ?

Does the "do not call list" apply to fax numbers too? I would suppose so, yes?

lb136@xxxxxxxx
61 W. 62 St, NYC 10023
212-459-0600 X7109 (phone) 212-459-3677 (fax)