Re: speed of vdosplus

With some software, earlier versions seem to disappear / be withdrawn, and just finding them (for comparison testing, etc.) becomes a major chore.  In other cases, there will be some repository where they remain available, along with detailed version numbers and dates, and a changelog.  Needless to say, I find the second scenario to be much preferable.

   Jordan

From: John Paines
To: "xywrite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx"
Sent: Friday, September 23, 2016 7:55 AM
Subject: Re: speed of vdosplus

Wengier,

I tried removing these more or less recently added config.txt settings --

KEYMODE=1
KEYDELAY=175
KEYINTER=16
EVENSIZE=OFF
TOPWIN=ON
SPEAKER=OFF
AUHIDEMS = ON
padding=0,-1
usedrvs=on

but there's little or no change.  Is there a link to the first vdos-lfn version based on the latest vdos build?  I recall that version tested faster than any previous one but, alas, I didn't retain it.  The earliest vdos-lfn.exe I have is dated August 14, and that performs the same as the current version.

Not an urgent matter in any case, it goes more to operational satisfaction than a question of actual productivity....  Anyway, thanks.