Re: Obtaining large fonts in XyWrite for Windows under Windows 95

On 03/01/98 at 09:12 AM,
  Michael Norman  said (in so many words):

<- How do you change the size of superscript type in XyDos4?
<- Customization guide says for Bitstream fonts use the LH command in the
<- default setting file. But in mine there is no LH command and when I
<- try to use it on the command line is has no effect. My printer is an
<- HPIIIP and, as I said, I'm using plain old courier. Perhaps the
<- program is using the printer's font and not Bitstream, which might
<- explain why the LH command has no impact. Thank you.

The manual is quite clear on this:
 DF LH    Low-High -- Specifies the size and baseline for superscript
and subscript characters in the Bitstream Speedo fonts. This setting has
no effect on printer fonts. df lh=s,u,d  ...where s is the percentage
of text size to be used for subscript and superscript characters and u
and d determine the baseline for superscript and subscript characters,
respectively. The u and d values are percentages of s that define how
much you want to move the baseline up or down. df lh=75,45,25 ...if the
text is set in 12-point type, then the superscript and subscript
characters will be in 9 point type (75% of 12-point). etc.

So, remember to treat it as a default (on the command line d lh=...) and
switch to some speedo font. Or you can stick with courier and fiddle
with the printer file in other ways.

--
                     Regards,
                     David

Comfort me with apples: for I am sick of love
	--The Song of Solomon
"What would life be without arithmetic, but a scene of horrors?"
            -Rev. Sydney Smith, letter to young lady, 22 July 1835

David Auerbach              auerbach@xxxxxxxx (David Auerbach)
Department of Philosophy & Religion
NCSU
Box 8103