Re: Ever have a keyboard die on you ?

-The latter-day alternative keyboards mentioned here are all PS/2,

No, the Unicomp Manuel wrote about is USB.
http://pckeyboard.com/page/PC122/UB40B5A
Code: UB40B5A

 whereas this connection has been gone from most computers -- including models back as far as 2006 that I still use -- for a good while now.  Therefore, a good converter is a must.  And I've tried a few that were *not* good.  The one from RS I will look into, despite their prices, since their store locations are so much closer.  (A lot of the routine items I get at Fry's can cost 1/2 of what RS sees fit to charge.  Sometimes even a much greater disparity, like $20. for a USB cable that would go for $5. at Frys !  But I think those SIIG converters, which were dual Mouse + Keyboard, ran in the $15. to $20. range.)   Jordan