Re: tactile response keyboards

** Reply to note from xywrite@xxxxxxxx Mon, 24 May 1999 15:53:58 -0400

> Re oldstyle keyboards: PC Computing online April 12, 1999 had a story on
> the AVANT STELLAR keyboard ... call them at 888-770-0500 ex. 105. This is
> said to be a replica of the old Northgate keyboard. -- and there are other
> people doing this kind of thing -- maybe even the Lexmark technology
> survives? I'm trying to track it down and will report as I find out.

I have three Avant Stellars, have used them for more than a year now, and
love em. Dead ringers for Northgate Omnikeys (they bought the molds). Only
thing is, they're expensive, around US$189, which is almost unconscionable.
But its a programmable keyboard with F-keys on the left, very well made, and
for that I'm willing to pay, not once, but thrice. The only drawback is that
the programming must be done under Win95.

http://www.cvtinc.com/stelpic.htm

---------
Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx