Re: Cannot Load Printer

> mike shupp wrote:
>
> > A salient point is that "Win-printers" in the sense of equipment
> > limited to use only with Windows are fairly rare.  Unlike the
> > people who make modems, most printers manufacturers want their
> > gear to work with both Windows and Macs (and other machines),

Uhm, maybe not as rare as you might suppose, particularly at the low
end of a printer line. There has been plenty of discussion of this on
some OS/2 lists. With Mac holding about 8 % of the market these
days (?), the presumption is that most everyone is running Windows.
And you can't underestimate the inclination to cut costs by removing
parts. For example, how often do you still see an On / Off switch on
inkjet models of the last few years ? How much $$ do you guess they
save by jettisoning that basic feature ? What really amazes me is the
fact that we've been seeing new computers for sale with no Reset switch !
Yeah, that'll go great with Windows . . . .

Jordan