XyIII Plus '~' Question

Hi Xyers,

I have not moved beyond XyIII+ (tried Signature but blehhhh!) and just
run into a puzzlement. I'm running Dos 6 and using an enhanced AT
keyboard--104. The key [~ `], just left of [! 1], is supposed to give a
'~' when [shift][~ `] is entered, one would think. However, in my
XyIII+ under normal display, nothing is shown. (What I am keying here
obviously works so the key is operative.) I must go into expanded
display, [ctl][F9], to see the character(s) '~' displayed. I don't know
if it ever worked for me.

I am not explicitely loading a keyboard file--just using whatever
default Xy sets. Can someone explain what's going on here and what I
need to do to make it better?

Thanks

Lowell Anderson