Spoke too soon! Was Re: Xy4 cloberring to EOF after series of changes

Reply to note from "Russ W. Urquhart"
 Wed, 16 Aug 2000 15:20:59 -0500

-> I gues i did speak too soon.
->
-> Here is what is being put in the file.
-> [gobbledygook snipped]

Well, well. You've got big chunks of XY4.MNU and some .DLG in
there, and Lord knows what else. Some kind of memory leak, I
suppose. Again, I wouldn't worry about it unless it keeps on
happening.

On rare occasions I've seen chunks of binary jibberish attach
themselves to my text files after the EOF, so that, for example, a
1K business letter suddenly grows to 12K. When Xy gets the hiccups,
I save my work, quit and start a fresh editing session.

Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx
http://users.datarealm.com/xywwweb/