Re: Getting the right W2K version

Bill, the "hosting solution" to this might be to make the ISO available
on an if-requested basis via an emailed link to a personal Dropbox.

Some time ago, I downloaded two different ISOs, both proclaiming
themselves complete and final. I no longer know where it came from, but
one (the larger one, 594.3 MB) seems to be the version you are talking
about as the one that is needed. As it happens, I apparently chose to
use the smaller one (386.9 MB), which seems NOT to be the one you
suggest using. I can't recall why now, though I put some thought into
the choice IIRC, and only feel certain that I chose the smaller version
because it now has the product key incorporated into the name of the
ISO. It seems to work fine in Virtualbox as installed, but I installed
it as a curiosity only, since like Rafe I use Linux.

It does produce a "near" full screen for Xy4 in scaled mode (though not
in full screen mode), running W2K in Virtualbox in Ubuntu. In this mode
it runs as if it were a maximized Ubuntu app (which won't use all the
screen because of the way Ubuntu is set up). But it doesn't seem to have
the crisp look you have previously described.

Paul Lagasse