Re: XY 4.017 DOS Report

On Sun, 13 Aug 1995, Tom Hawley wrote:

> On another matter, I see that Peter Lewis' column in the NY
> Times on 8 August (devoted to his dancing on what he thinks
> is OS/2's final resting place) has been quoted here. Why is
> it that the Times (and the Wall Street Journal for that
> matter, although Mossberg has not bashed XyWrite for awhile)
> thinks that its computer columnist has to write such
> juvenile stuff? As someone noted earlier, it makes you
> wonder about the rest of the paper.

Having known (and in another life, worked with) Times and Journal
staffers, I have to think that the computer column is the papers' version
of Siberia...although Mossburg has too good a repution for that to hold
entirely. On other papers, before computers, the Siberias used to be
obits and religion.

--Marv Katz