Re: XY 4.017 DOS Report

On Sun, 13 Aug 1995, Marvin Katz wrote:
> Having known (and in another life, worked with) Times and Journal
> staffers, I have to think that the computer column is the papers' version
> of Siberia...although Mossburg has too good a repution for that to hold
> entirely. On other papers, before computers, the Siberias used to be
> obits and religion.

I have been advised that Peter Lewis is not an NY Times staff member
consigned to the computer column but rather a freelance writer whom the
paper employs very much by choice. I stand corrected.

Perhaps the fairness level of the paper's computer reportage is
representative of what the Times seeks in general, as was suggested here
by another contributor, and a suggestion with which I had
written to disagree.

--Marv Katz