Re: OT question - Copernic Desktop Search

In a message dated 9/7/2007 4:54:35 PM Eastern Daylight Time, hb@xxxxxxxx writes:

I suspect this is some setting not right somewhere. My XP Search does find
the files by text within. There's an option with a black triangle next to
it that says: "More advanced options." Click on that and see if everything
is set correctly. Also, make sure that "When was it modified?" and "What
size is it?" are both set correctly (probably to "Don't remember").

Your suspicion raised my hopes, but that's not the answer. I checked the advanced options, and everything is set correctly, including the `don't remember's. I can't say that XP never locates files by text within, but it fails to do so most of the time. And even when it does, it locates far fewer files than Win98 when searching the same directories for the same text.

Lynn Brenner

       I've checked.

See what's new at http://www.aol.com