Re: OT question - Copernic Desktop Search

I suspect this is some setting not right somewhere. My XP Search does find
the files by text within. There's an option with a black triangle next to
it that says: "More advanced options." Click on that and see if everything
is set correctly. Also, make sure that "When was it modified?" and "What
size is it?" are both set correctly (probably to "Don't remember").
Yesterday, for example, I searched a directory and its subdirectories for every file containing one proper name. XP found none. Win98 searched the same directory and found 99 files. I seldom need to search for a file whose name I know. But I often need to search for a file whose contents I remember well enough to cite phrases or words. If XP can't identify files by phrases in the text, why does it offer that option?

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx