Re: xyJava revisited [was Re: A couple of issues]

>  Well, look: Any magazine whose ads are targeted toward people who do
>the purchasing for their organzations is bound to go with the "installed
>base" majority, and will _never_ do anything to offend the big advertisers.

  Uuhhh, Leslie -- Gates *owns* ZD, does he not?

>page.) Dvorak, however, seems to be given free rein. He has often been
>skeptical of Gatesland in his pieces and is clearly _not_ on their payroll.

  I think he clearly *is* on Gates' payroll, since Gates owns the magazine.

--
Harmon Seaver
hseaver@xxxxxxxx

"Some mon just deal wit' information. An' some mon, him deal wit' the
concept of truth. An' den some mon deal wit' magic. Information flow aroun'
ya, an' truth flow right at ya. But magic, it flow t'rough ya."
     -- Nernelly, A Jamaican "Bush Doctor," 1982

Copyright, Harmon F. Seaver, 1995. License to distribute this post is
available to Microsoft for US$1,000 per instance, or local equivalent.