Re: Xy & Ansi

>Prof. Sivin,
> >"Never eat at a place called Mom's, gamble with a guy called Doc, . . . or
>purchase software from an outfit named Dragonfly."
> >But seriously: this is truly a horror story. I wish you did have
>the time to litigate--they deserve it.
> >%%Leslie%%

Only part of the story has been reported here. Post a request on the Nota Bene
list for further reports from users who have felt themselves treated with
utmost courtesy, honesty, and generosity. You will also hear from users who
have grumbled and felt neglected, but in the end are satisfied that delays were
a good deal short of malicious or mendacious. It seems to me that Nathan
Sivin's experience spanned a period during which TTG shared as much of the
responsibility/blame as Dragonfly/NB Informatics/Nota Bene. Change of
ownership, legal allocation of liability, separation of technical and other
support, all created a lot of confusion. New support staff had to be trained in
Baltimore, and they frequently had to call New York with questions they could
not handle alone. On the whole, Nota Bene users are a pretty jolly group, but
occasionally one or another among us gets to taking him/herself rather
overseriously. Computers, like life, require a sense of humor.

Dorothy Day, Indiana University
Bitnet: DAY@IUBACS
Internet: day@xxxxxxxx