Re: Xydos 4.018 under Win 98 - cursor movement problem; can anyone

Reply to note from Brucefelk@xxxxxxxx Sun, 5 Mar 2000 07:41:54 EST

-> I am using Xy4-3.kbd. Some corruption has crept in that fouls
-> up execution of the next-word and previous-word function calls
-> in table=alt. This applies with keys 101 (PW) and 103 (NW),
-> but not with 75 and 77 in the number pad....
->
-> What happens is that I get extraneous characters inserted where
-> the cursor stops, varying with how many words I skip to reach
-> the one I want to edit.

A few shifted keystrokes (the arrow keys chief among them) have a
tendency to "leak through" to DOS. There's a function intended to
prevent this: NI. It stands for "Not-IBM sensitive", a quaint
throwback to the 15 minutes or so in the early '80s when that
company held sway over personal computing. It usually works. Your
assignments would look like this:

101=NIPW
103=NINW

(Does that comma-less syntax look odd? Fact is, commas after
keyboard-file functions are optional. (Commas after characters are,
of course, mandatory.) You can save a couple of hundred bytes of
memory by omitting needless commas.)

Let us know if this works. Many thanks for including useful
information in the subject line of your query!

Carl Distefano
CLDistefano@xxxxxxxx
http://users.datarealm.com/xywwweb/