RE: Help -- Tilde

At 07:27 AM 1/5/01 +0200, Frank Heydenrych wrote:
>Hi Rene
>I use a Compaq Presario notebook find the tilde typically under the key at
>the far left, just below Esc and next to 1, using Shift. If you peck your
>way around the keyboard on the far left extremities, you're likely to find
>it.

It is on the keyboard allright, but I can not use it. Entering ASCII 45
does not work either

Why should it? ASCII 45 is the dash. ASCII 126 is the tilde.
. There is something special about the tilde -- I just
need to know what.

Not yet, grasshopper. When you are ready, you will know.
>begin 600 WINMAIL.DAT

And PLEASE stop sending these stupid "Winmail.dat" attachments!

-- Rene von Rentzell, Tokyo
-- "Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong." (Oscar
Wilde)