Re: BigCI

> You rejected using VA$FB?

Not strong enough. What about the possibility that the cursor is on
the first character in the string but not at Top_of_File?

I see. I was confused. The problem is that SE/F doesn't find a string when it's on the first character thereof, and TOF is only a problem because you can't back up. The way it works makes a certain sense: you wouldn't expect it to register a "find" if it were on the second character of the find-string. It's always forward-looking. Okay, I accept that.

But here's a contradiction: SEB finds a string when the cursor is on any except the first character thereof. So SEB is not backwards-looking.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx