Re: Grrr [OS2 and XY install]

In article <199508090322.UAA20229@xxxxxxxx>,
Daniel Say  wrote:

| 	Details, details....
| 	Did you start with a OS/2 dos session, a floppy "real" dos
| 	session, or ...
|
| 	Yes, writing to HPFS is no problem, but you have to run
| 	the system from a sort-of DOS, virtual, real or other (off
| 	the floppy).

Is there more to add? I didn't boot DOS from a floppy because DOS
wouldn't be able to recognize my HPFS partition and that would prevent
me from installing XyWrite.

The only way I know of to install XyWrite on an HPFS partition is to
start an OS/2 DOS session (full screen), which is what I did. Well,
there's the VMB option, I suppose, but that I haven't tried.

Dan Kanagy     Work: wordwise@xxxxxxxx    Play: dkanagy@xxxxxxxx
Tokyo, Japan                       dkanagy@xxxxxxxx