Re: F5--and everything went black...

** Reply to message from Michael Norman
on Thu, 28 Jun 2007 09:01:18 -0400

>> I see no reason to use Tame if you don't need it for
>> a specific reason, such as its primary purpose (to prevent CPU
>> hogging).

> For a handful of us, TAME has become XY's LiquidView.

I know why you use Tame (I've been using it since 1991, and was
talking about it long before it became the tool du jour here --
see http://xywrite.org/msg01714.htm). I'm merely
pointing out that putting Tame in AUTOEXEC.NT loads it as a TSR
before every DOS program. I use dozens of DOS programs. Most
do not require Tame. Therefore, the suggestion to use Tame
surgically: create a distinct AUTOEXEC clone that does use
Tame, attach that to your XyWrite shortcut, and leave the
original AUTOEXEC.NT alone. (Note that David Thomas's Tame
installation automatically edits the main AUTOEXEC.BAT and adds
TAME-NT.COM to it, because he assumes users want to use Tame
with every DOS app. I comment that line out in my main
AUTOEXEC.NT, and copy it to my Tame AUTOEXEC clone.)

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx