BigChg.PM

A further improvement: On reflection it struck me that the 20-
character limitation on wildcards was too restrictive. I found that
I could increase it without sacrificing performance. Accordingly,
the rule for using wildcards with BigChg.PM is now as follows:

Wildcards may appear within in the first or last 78 bytes of the
search string (but not in the replacement string). (Remember that
each wildcard is 3 bytes long.) You must use the Change-Verify
option (arg V) with wildcards. Change-Invisible won't work (it will
invariably report search string not found).

So, make sure you have the latest version ("rev. 3/23/98"). The URL
again (link soon to be added to the XyWWWeb page):

 http://users.datarealm.com/ammaze/BIGCHG.ZIP

Carl Distefano
CLDistefano@xxxxxxxx
http://users.datarealm.com/xywwweb/