Re: Standard font

Bill Troop wrote:
The only part I can clarify is that Dutch (with a number) is Bitstream-Speak for Times Roman
to cloak the fact that Bitstream's classic fonts were mostly - - sad, but true - - pirated.
Yes, that I knew. What has me buffaloed is why I keep getting things printed in Zapf Chancery when I forget to specify a font. With all those others there, you'd thing something else would pop up. And what the designation "Standard" (which the directions for U2 warn should be equated with a monospaced font, which mine is) really _means_? When one goes to the menus, there's no font called "standard" there. So what is it?
Yes, the renaming of fonts to avoid violation of patents and copyrights
has caused endless hassles. And the algorithms for "matching" fonts
(someone gives you a doc with a font you don't have specified, and the
app claims to find you a close match) can be pretty pathetic. We once
got a Word doc set in Gill Sans. WordPerfect found a reasonable match,
but Open Office gave us something in some weird hieroglyphic font
consisting of stars and balloons and things like that. Looked like Outer
Impish or something.

Patricia M. Godfrey
Priscamg@xxxxxxxx