From: Johan Carel van Haeften
Sent: Oct 19, 2005 5:48 AM
To: XYWRITE-CLUB
Subject: XY-history / A la Carte

I use III+ version 3.53 but I lost the manual of that version, I remember (sure) that  a la carte was not mentioned in that version.

But  I have the maunual of a later version (cann't see what version because it is delivered on 5-1/4" floppies , have to convert them somewhere? to 1.4M floppies first)

This current manual still is III+ and does contain A LA CARTE (shipped with +1 flopy containing the a la carte menus), its first sheet contains the following (scanned/edited):
"
Copyright @ 1987,1988,1989 by XYQUEST, Inc.
Spelling/Thesaurus by Microlytics, Inc.
First Edition (Rev), February 1989
Document Control No.002400-05
ISBN 0-927923-15-7

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
XYQUEST reserves the right to make changes
to this document without notice.

XYQUEST, Inc.
44 Manning Road
Billerica, MA, 01821
(508) 671-0888

Manual written and produced by
Douglas Kramer and
DFM, CAV,JKH, NJT, crs, SR, KL, SGL, PMT, WL, WK, RG, HP, GLM, AE, SER, CYC, RWF, DNH, AFP, RG, SJR, RLN, ABD and DLN.

And many thanks to JR and those XyWrkers whose comments have helped to make a better manual.
"

So the birth of "a la carte" must be placed end-1988 begin-1989, and its version must be higher than my 3.53 (I'll publish the versionnr. as soon as I converted the 5-1/4's; do have serialnr. but don't think there's a list converting serialnrs. to versionnrs.)

greetings from a rainy Holland
Carel