Re: Wish List

Nathan Sivin wrote:

> I was just thinking last night: why macro viruses in Word and not in
> WordPerfect? I suspect the answer is the obvious one: it is impossible
> in Word to see codes, so one can hide just about anything in them. If
> an XPL program could be enclosed in a delta, one could check it out
> simply by switching to expanded mode and seeing what is in it.

  Hardly! The reason is quite apparant if you check out some of the
hacker and cracker sites and lists. MS products are specifically
targeted for viri. That's why you find dos, windoz, and win95 viri, and
not os2 and linux viri.

--
Harmon Seaver hseaver@xxxxxxxx hseaver@xxxxxxxx
The fundamental delusion of humanity is that I am in here -- and you