Re: Wish List

Rene von Rentzell asks whether the ability to include programs in
templates would open the door to viruses. I don't think so, unless
someone of the caliber of Robert Holmgren took up the challenge.

I was just thinking last night: why macro viruses in Word and not in
WordPerfect? I suspect the answer is the obvious one: it is impossible
in Word to see codes, so one can hide just about anything in them. If
an XPL program could be enclosed in a delta, one could check it out
simply by switching to expanded mode and seeing what is in it.

--
Nathan Sivin
History and Sociology of Science