Re: F5--and everything went black...

Reply to note from Si Wright  Sat, 23 Jun 2007
16:01:27 -0700 (PDT)

> In windowed XY4, whenever I use F5 to return to the command
> line, the full screen goes black for an instant. Then it
> returns.

F5 is the Windows key to refresh the screen, e.g., to update the
file list in a "My Computer" folder display (and refreshes the
display in many Windows apps, as well). It should not perform the
refresh function in a windowed DOS session, however -- at least, it
doesn't on either of my XP machines. But evidently it is doing some
kind of screen refresh on your machine. It may be possible to remap
the refresh function to another key. Wish I knew how; in any event,
the fix is somewhere in Windows, not in XyWrite.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx