Re: Stopping USB drives from XY4

Dear Robert

Sorry, I thought that was the line you needed. The large box gives the following information tree:

USB Mass Storage Device
Ut161 USB2FlashStorage USB Device
Generic Volume - (F:)

I think the middle line is the one you are looking for.

Paul

On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 20:35:33 -0500, Robert Holmgren wrote:

> The Unplug or Eject Harware dialog says
> "Stop USB Mass Storage Device - Drive (F:)"
But that can't be what it says.  If you run this from DOS:
 RunDLL32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL hotplug.dll
you get a large box called "Unplug or Eject Hardware".  On separate lines it
lists the various peripherals you are running -- it does NOT say "Stop USB
Mass...", it just lists the devices.  What does the USB line say?  Without
knowing, I can't adapt the script for your peripheral.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx