Re: Mac and Xy

Harry,

≪I haven't decided, but I'm leaning that way because of two things:
constant irritation with Windows, culminating in my having to re-format
and install the factory Win XP, then spend a week re-installing
everything (with many "how to's" forgotten). Plus, a Mac-fanatic friend
showed me how easy it is to run Windows on the new Macs, with Parallels
or VM Fusion. He could actually have a Mac window and a Windows window
open simultaneously, seamlessly. When my system went blooey, he
explained how simple it is to take "snapshots" of the virtual Windows
from time to time and easily roll back (I couldn't get System Restore to
do any restoring). ≫

Once you get your Mac up and running, get yourself the program called
"SuperDuper!" ; it makes bootable images of the Mac OX and deposits them
on an external hardrive. Freeware (no frills); pay for extra features.