RE: Quikview (was Re: Nota Bene)

In my Windows NT 4.0 system a right-click when the cursor is on any
Windows icon on the Desktop lists "Quick View" as the first option under
"Open" in the little menu that appears. However, it does not appear
when clicking on a DOS program (or, for that matter, Windows Internet
Explorer).

Netscape Communicator 4.5 under the Quick View "Characteristics" section
under Image File Header notes "32-bit word machine".

XyWrite for Windows 4.12D does not get an Image File Header section
under Quick View, but instead notes Microsoft Windows Operating System
and that the "Expected Windows Version" is 3.0.

Nota Bene Demo 5.002 similarly does not get an Image File Header section
under Quick View, and notes Microsoft Windows as its Operating System
but with an Expected Version of 3.10.

What all this tells me, I'm not sure. It is possible that NBWin is only
a 16-bit program, and that the only reason that you can, e.g., move
command-line elements is that the program settings are in a windows
".ini" file rather than the "wxset.dfl" file used by XyWin.

Does anyone else have better expertise to address these issues?

Regards,

Paul Ambos
pambos@xxxxxxxx