Re: Quikview (was Re: Nota Bene)

On Thu, 21 Oct 1999, Harry Binswanger wrote:

> Nathan wrote: >Quikview.exe (uppercase q, no c) is a Windows 98 system file.
>
> Aha, not "quickview," yep I've got it.
> > You can
> >invoke it with the right mouse button.
>
> Not that I can do. Nor can I RUN (under Start button in Win) quikview.exe.

Quickview does not install by default when you install Win95 or Win98.
You have to insist. Do the standard Add/remove Programs from the Control
Panel, choose the Windows Setup tab, highlight the Accessories line, and
click on the Details button. Scroll down to Quickview and check the box.
I don't remember whether you'll be prompted for your Windows CD or not.

Of course, if you install Quickview Plus, you'll want to go back and
uncheck Quickview, or you'll have both on the smart menu when you
right-click on a file--a small but nagging annoyance.

	Dorothy

*****
Dorothy Day
Indiana University
day@xxxxxxxx
*****
	"He also surfs who only sits and waits."