Re: XY-4 and OS/2 Experience

Nathan Sivin said:
 <
 < Let me repeat that there have been problems reported with XyWrite and
 < other programs under OS/2 for Windows, and if memory serves these occur
 < even when there is no Windows in the system. That may mean it isn't a
 < bargain.
Many untrue things are reported. There are far fewer problems running under
OS/2 than under Windows as the below indicates. I've had no problems with OS/2
and XyWrite; indeed as I indicated in a previous message I've had fewer. And I
am no big OS/2 guru.

 <
 < That raises another question. I sometimes run XYDOS in Windows in order
 < to multitask (thank you, Harmon), but it will only run full screen. When
 < I try running it in a Window I get all sorts of problems--can't resize
 < window, can't use Task Manager, etc. Even changing DOSAPP.INI to make
 < running in a Window the default doesn't help. Anyone know of a way
 < around it?
 <
 < --
 < Nathan Sivin
 < History and Sociology of Science
 < University of Pennsylvania
 < Philadelphia PA 19104-3325
 <

-- Voice: (919) 515-6331               David D. Auerbach
Master-Alias: David_Auerbach@xxxxxxxx       Box 8103 Actual Address:
auerbach@xxxxxxxx       NCSU local address: auerbach
Raleigh, NC 27695-8103